Would you like the opportunity to work within a growing, dynamic, wealth management firm? We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our niche wealth management firm as a Wealth Planner, responsible for supporting a Managing Partner and his team, consisting of two Senior Wealth Executive and a Wealth Planner, in the administrative management of client portfolios and helping to build their business.
The ideal candidate would be degree qualified, will possess a minimum of three years' experience in a Wealth Management support role within the financial services industry, and may be studying towards the Diploma in Financial Planning. With a proven ability of delivering a high level of client service, they will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and client support related tasks and skilled in working independently with little or no supervision.
The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure while remaining calm and flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Strong written and verbal communication skills, decision-making abilities and attention to detail are equally important. You will report to the Managing Partner within your team on a day-to-day basis
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Delivering a comprehensive financial planning administration service to support the team while maintaining client relationships
- Preparing rebalance sheets for client portfolios
- Preparing client meeting summary plan documents and recommendations
- Obtaining information to create cash flow plans in advance of meetings and follow-up for the return of documentation
- Assembling review documentation and reviewing reports required for client meetings
- Running daily/weekly/monthly performance reports on IMS (Investment Management System) and ensuring any anomalies are investigated and resolved
- Ad hoc reporting for clients, including CGT calculations
- Creating new client files/maintaining existing client files, ensuring they are compliant
- Monitoring client accounts for any investment guidelines violations, updates and changes
- Maintenance of CRM for clients
- Liaising with platforms and service providers as needed
- Creating and maintaining effective working relationships with clients and colleagues
About MASECO Private Wealth
MASECO Private Wealth offers a holistic wealth management approach in developing and implementing tax efficient global wealth and asset management strategies for US persons who are non-domiciled in the UK. With more than a decade of experience in providing cross-border US Wealth Management services, MASECO employs leading global investment strategies and solutions that are both tax efficient and compliant.
MASECO Private Wealth was founded in 2008 in the wake of the non-domicile tax rules being introduced in the UK. The Partners had previously developed the US/UK private client desk within a large Private Bank in London. They realised that as a result of these legislative changes, a different approach would be required to service the needs of US citizens living in the UK. The alternative structure needed to remain not only tax-efficient and cost effective for American individuals living in the UK but would also need to be built upon global best practices. Just over 13 years later, MASECO oversees over $2.4 billion in assets.
MASECO is proud to be the UK's first financial services B Corporation member. B Corp is an alternative vision of the role of business in society. It is an assertion that businesses can benefit shareholders whilst also solving social and environmental problems. We want to influence the way investing and charitable giving are viewed in both the financial and wider communities, and to promote the standards of accountability that being a B Corp member represents.
What we do
MASECO develops and implements global, tax-efficient wealth strategies for families, trusts and foundations based in the UK, USA and internationally. Our aim is to deliver expert advice, designed to simplify and tackle the complexities associated with cross-border wealth management. We deliver comprehensive wealth management and investment advice to clients based on trust and open communication. Our mission is to guide families with cross-border economic interests to a meaningful financial future. MASECO's Wealth Management equation provides a framework for the delivery of a systematic wealth management offering.
Data Protection Notice
MASECO LLP is dedicated to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of personal data entrusted to us. We comply with all relevant data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please read the notice below in conjunction with the firm's Data Protection Policy which can be found on our website.
In providing us with your CV you agree that we will use the personal data within that document for the purposes of assessing your suitability as a candidate for the specified role and, accordingly, we have a legitimate interest in such data. The personal data we use includes:
- Your name and personal details (including contact information, such as your primary and other residential address; your email address; your personal mobile telephone number or landline; your unique tax identifier (such as your National Insurance number); your driving licence and/or passport details;
- Your date of birth and/or age;
- Financial details, such as your current salary;
- Education and employment details.
By providing us with:
- your personal data, you consent to our using that personal data to perform checks with credit reference or fraud prevention agencies which may include obtaining information on you from other sources, such as the electoral roll, court records of debt judgments and bankruptcies and other publicly available sources as well as information obtained through social and other media, such as LinkedIn; and
- any sensitive personal data (such as your racial or ethnic origin or data concerning your physical or mental health or gender orientation), you are agreeing to our processing of that data for the purposes of assessing your suitability as a candidate for the specified role.
If you are not successful as a candidate for the particular role for which you apply, we will typically retain your personal data and other information you have provided to us or we have obtained about you in the course of the job application process for a period of up to 12 months from the date on which the job vacancy has been filled. If you would prefer that we remove your information from our records prior to this date, please contact us, however, we will continue to hold any information which we are required to retain under applicable laws and regulations. Should we wish to hold information about you, including personal data, for a longer period of time, we will seek your consent.