Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission - to safely and successfully manage the UK's civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn't be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
Hear from the Hiring Manager…
"I am looking for a competent and motivated individual to join an already established team at Berkeley site who provide controlled and radiological waste management co-ordination across the decommissioning site. The successful candidate will have excellent time management and communication skills and will be required to be flexible and adaptable as they work their way through a structured training plan of technical courses and on the job training. The individual will take a critical role in delivering radioactive and hazardous waste shipments as well as supporting waste producing projects on site and implementing improvements across the department.
This is an exciting time to join the team as the site enters a phase of new deplant and demolition projects and Intermediate Level Waste retrieval operations. This role would ideally suit someone who has several years of radioactive waste management and transport regulation experience however could be suitable as a training role for a recent graduate with a science, maths or engineering background if they show the desired competencies."
* Provide technical support and advice to projects and relay the clear expectations of waste management.
* Coordinate the off-site disposal of routine waste consignments- both Low Level Waste and conventional waste
* Provide authoritative advice to stakeholders. This may include advising on waste characterisation, activity assessment, suitable packaging, transport of radioactive and hazardous wastes, waste loading plans, waste acceptance criteria for disposal sites as well as ensuring compliance with environmental permitting regulations
* Commit to continuous improvement of waste programmes/strategies
* Provide support to technical leads as required
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments
Qualifications and Experience
* HNC/HND or equivalent technical qualification (NQF Level 5) in a scientific, environmental or engineering discipline.
* Knowledge of environmental issues including practices, policies, legislation and stakeholders relating to radioactive and controlled waste management
* Knowledge and practical experience of the transport of dangerous goods by road
* Knowledge of the waste consignment process and waste acceptance criteria
* Relevant experience in the nuclear industry in the area of waste management
Salary & Benefits:
* Salary Range: £40,219 - £46,779
* 25 days (equivalent) annual leave - option to buy or sell up to 5 days each year
* Participation in Company Bonus Scheme
* Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount
* Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development
Please be aware this role holder requires clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included, and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, we therefore particularly welcome applications from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBT+ and candidates with a disability as they are all underrepresented in our workforce.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible.
The application process for this position will close at 23:59 on October 6th 2021