6 month contract via Umbrella
Edinburgh/Milton Keynes/ Widnes plus WFH
£300 Per day
Due to a regulatory change from the card supplier, my client needs a test analyst with a string background in credit card testing. Ideally they will have worked with 3rd parties like TSYS.
Mobile and Web testing is also an advantage
Deliver test preparation and test execution activities for defined piece of work. May manage testing for a small project under supervision. Typical test activities include analysis of requirements, designing test cases and scripts, test execution, raising defects and production of user guides as required.
Develops self through the ISTQB Test Analyst advanced route
Business context and knowledge
- Works with business and IT to understand the requirements and design ensuring that the system solution fully meets business requirements.
- Uses own knowledge of business to form recommendations.
Analysis & Design
- Validates the requirements.
- Ability to create and maintain basic test plans, test scripts, schedules and test completion reports.
Estimation & Planning
- Ability to create and maintain basic test plans.
- Ability to estimate time required for test preparation and execution.
Identifies test data and high level environment requirements.
- Undertakes UAT to ensure that the defined business requirements are fully tested prior to go live. This may include the testing of new/ revised processes.
- Ensures that UAT for allocated projects is completed within agreed timescales and to a high level of quality with no critical or high defects minimising the impact to BAU/Live.
- Raises incidents during execution and suggests appropriate actions. Assists with management and tracking of defects through to closure.
Communication & Reporting
- Effectively communicates with peers and project team to refine requirements and resolve issues.
- Ensures effective coordination and communication of test deliverables.
- Provides regular progress reports, highlighting all outstanding defects and providing recommendations to help resolve issues that may compromise the completion and sign off of business testing.
- Develops and maintains effective working relations with colleagues in a business area, proactively answering queries on testing and following up actions with stakeholders.
Intelligent Resource is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Intelligent Resource regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.