Sous Chef – High End Gastro Pub/Restaurant & Bar
Location: Rural Bury
Salary: Up to £30,000 + Tips + Benefits
* You must have strong fresh food experience at Sous Chef level in a high-end restaurant or gastro pub setting. Due to public transport restrictions, you must ideally drive and have a car although bus services do run from Bury and Manchester *
Our client, a cool high-volume restaurant and bar operation, is looking for a highly experienced, hands-on and passionate Sous Chef with strong fresh food experience to assist in the running of their popular operation in the Bury area. You will be a natural leader, and get a real kick out of coaching, developing your team and leading them on to even greater success!
As this is a hands-on Sous Chef role, you will need to enjoy the buzz of a leading a kitchen, leading from the front whilst motivating and getting the best out of an established team. It would help if you were quite tech-savvy to an extent and be able to use up-to-date software packages for the likes of ordering, GP control and team rostering - though you will be able to delegate these types of tasks in order to develop your team.
The successful Sous Chef will have a talent for driving brigades of chefs increasing quality and consistency, sales and revenue. You will need an organised and consultative approach, be able to develop the team around you to support you - all the while, keeping customer satisfaction as your yardstick.
The culture here is really key to the success of the operation - As such, you should be an incredible motivator, trainer, coach and manager of people. You should hold your brigade's progression as paramount to their continued growth as a team and as individuals, which can only help the business to thrive.
This can only be achieved through consistently delivering the exceptional experience for all customers with the highest standard of service, quality and safety.
* Solid proven Sous Chef experience in fresh food, quality restaurant operations.
* Strong fresh food experience and experience of working to specs
* Some financial knowledge (GPs, quality/portion control) or at least a knowledge of the impact it has on the business
* Some knowledge of Back of House procedures
* Experience of managing a small brigade.
* A real personality - fun, passionate, charismatic, enthusiastic, people-focused and adaptable to all personalities.
* A great communicator - excellent at developing relationships with the team and others involved
* Previous strong experience of running a busy, high-volume kitchen with a passion for and proven experience.
If you are successful, you will be joining a great company and benefit from:
- A competitive salary
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- A highly-regarded company
This is a quality company with an excellent reputation and offers great scope for future development.
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae in a Word Document format.
Contact: Del Jones