Soil testing technician required to be based on a site in Derbyshire for a period of about one year.
This is a permanent position that would then be based at my clients Draycott office. The site testing will involve:-
* Moisture Contents
* OMC / MDD
* Particle Size Distributions
* Plasticity Index
* Particle Density
* Other tests may be required
* Undertaking basic soils testing both on site and in the laboratory
* Operating semi-automated and automated lab equipment
* Following established protocols, work instructions, scheduled tasks and activities independently.
* Manage and implement preventative and corrective actions.
* Follow all health and safety measures in place and ensure team members do the same.
* Collaborate, support and consult with other team members as necessary.
* Previous laboratory experience.
* Operating in a UKAS Accredited laboratory
* Understanding of safe working practice in a laboratory environment.
* Site and laboratory testing experience of soils and / or other construction materials
* Must have excellent communication skills.
* Proficient in using Microsoft packages.
Full driving license is essential
Core hours are Monday - Friday (phone number removed)
Salary: £10.00 - £11.15ph, dependent on experience.
Due to the nature of the work, you do need to be flexible to work weekends and upon completion of this contract, nights as required.
Applicants may have a background working in a geotechnical laboratory