Senior Structural Engineer - Derby
We're working with an established multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy who are currently looking to recruit a Senior Structural Engineer to join their Derbyshire office. You will be part of the Structural Engineering team involved on a wide variety of projects across multiple sectors.
They are looking for a Structural Engineer with a minimum of 8 years' experience and ideally Chartered (MIStructE) or working towards Chartership. The ideal candidate will be able to provide pivotal support to the current structures team within a thriving civil and structural engineering practice. You will be experienced in the cost-effective and timely production of residential property surveys with additional expertise in wider structural surveying and be expert in the compilation and production of supporting reports/documentation.
- MIStructE qualified or working towards Chartership
- Minimum of 8 years' experience
- Experienced with structural appraisal of both commercial structures and domestic housing stock
- Knowledge of regional geological conditions beneficial
- Design skills in a wide range of materials which must include concrete, masonry and steel
- Ability to write clear, concise and accurate reports is essential
- Experience in the use of Tekla Tedds is essential (SCIA and IDEA Static experience is desirable)
- Knowledge and experience to lead a small team and delegate technical tasks effectively
- Circa £38,000 - £48,000 salary DOE
- Genuine progression prospects
- Ongoing training and CPD
- Friendly team with opportunities to network socially and professionally
- Flexible benefits package