We are supporting our client, a well-established International Bank based in London, with their search for a Senior Officer with the view to becoming Assistant Manager within 1-2 years.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Documentary Credits manager in managing back-office operations for the Bank's activities with a key focus on the documentary credit area covering LC Exports/Imports, and also being able to handle Guarantees, Collections and Reimbursements. There will also be requirement to assist other areas of Banking Operations such as Credit Administrations and Customer Services Depts.
Other responsibilities will include:
* Oversee 2nd/3rd checking of export documents
* Manage processing life cycle events for Export/Import LC's from advising/issuing, amendments, negotiation and settlement of transactions including those requiring Refinance or Discounting.
* Handling processes for Trade Guarantees, Documentary + Clean Collections, Bank to Bank Reimbursements
* Assist in review and updating of departmental compliance procedures manual to ensure compliance with all banks and regulatory policy requirements to mitigate financial and compliance risks.
* Assist in designing and implementing training programmes to ensure staff are up to date with procedures and remain legally compliant
Skills & experience required:
* Minimum of 5 years Documentary Credits experience
* Previous experience of Letters of Credit Exports/Imports, Guarantees / Collections + Reimbursements
* CDCS qualification - essential
* Knowledge of SWIFT - essential
* Knowledge of UCP600 / ISBP745 / Incoterm
* Knowledge of Finastra Banking Trade Innovation (FBTI)
* Knowledge of Finastra Banking Message Manager (FBMM)
* Knowledge of Equation system