Senior Infrastructure Engineer - VMware, EMC, Azure, AWS, Office 365.
Working with a major Brokerage House in The City, candidates will have many years' experience working in an Enterprise environment, ideally with previous Financial / Banking experience.
- Scoping, implementing, and documenting infrastructure projects.
- Investigating and analysing infrastructure issues and come up with an action plan for a fix.
- Building relationships with the Global IT team and offering advice and support on projects.
- Analysing infrastructure processes and coming up with improvements and automation.
- Monitoring Infrastructure systems and participating in the day-to-day maintenance activities.
- Working with Jira, the ticket management system, to log time and tasks daily.
- Following the change control process for making changes to the production environment.
- Availability on weekends to carry out Infrastructure changes.
- Training and supporting the Service Desk to roll out new technologies to the business.
- Reporting on priority/progress/effort/cost of projects.
- The Company may require you to carry out other duties from time to time.
- In-depth knowledge of VMware and EMC technologies.
- Exposure to working with Azure and AWS and IaC (Terraform).
- All-around knowledge of all Microsoft domain services (AD, DNS, DFS).
- Experience with Automation and scripting languages like PowerShell and Python.
- Good understanding of Office 365 platform (Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive. Bonus point for knowledge of Power Platform systems).
- Experience with Citrix and Linux would be beneficial.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to understand complex business requirements.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence and educate others.
- Ability to work well under pressure, self-motivated, and eager to implement changes.