Senior Commercial Finance Analyst sought by one of the UK's leading Retailers for a 12 month Maternity cover.
As Senior Commercial Finance Analyst you will be working within a developing and entrepreneurial environment as the business is growing, with new stores opening worldwide.
The role will be 3 days a week working from home and the successful candidate will be providing essential support with analysis, planning and reporting for both Retail ( stores & e-commerce ) and international ( franchise and wholesale) divisions to support strategic decision making and improved business performance.
- Insight and analysis of future business opportunities - e.g. new store openings, e-commerce initiatives, new countries, new partners, investment proposals (capex and opex), from both a profit and cash perspective
- Analysis of strategic initiatives
- Using data driven insight to challenge, identify risks and opportunities and propose solutions.
- Period end journals (as well as reconciling any related balance sheet accounts), ensuring any variances to budget are fully understood through discussion with relevant business partners.
- Presenting variances to budget/forecast at flash review meetings
- Assisting with the production of management accounts, including providing meaningful commentary on the P&L.
- Analysis of trends and key business drivers
- Assessment and improvement of the analysis and reporting provided by the finance team, and working with finance/IT to deliver required enhancements (using Data Warehouse to enhance and automate reporting
- Profitability analysis and working with the business focusing on efficiencies and cost control
- Analysis and reporting for board presentations.
You must be a qualified accountant - CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CA or equivalent and Retail experience be advantageous.