Damfield Gardens, owned and operated by Highpoint Care, is a 67 bed all en-suite residential care facility specialising in dementia care for the elderly, we pride ourselves on person-centred quality care tailored to every resident who resides here.
Highpoint Care is a family-run business that ensures both the standard of care given to our residents and the staff culture our care homes cultivate is in line with the compassionate, familial ethos upon which our company was founded.
Job purpose of a Senior Care Assistant - To assist with the resident's care plan, supervising the caring team whilst working as an integral part of the caring team, delivering the highest standards of personalised care to residents. Ensure that at all times residents are treated with respect and dignity, and that individual's rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met.
Key Responsibilities of a Senior Care Assistant
1. To provide the highest level of personal care and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
2. To act as a care plan co-ordinator for a named group of residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full (as defined in the training and policy manual).
3. To understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home. Understand and have an awareness of Infection Control
4. To participate in the formulation and maintenance of individual care plans for each resident and administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both.
5. To liaise with other care professionals relating to the care needs of the residents.To always be alert to residents physical and mental well being, immediately reporting any changes in a resident's condition to a senior person on duty, and to accurately maintain and update residents' records as required