Semi Senior Accountant
Based near Finchley, London, our rapidly growing client who is at a very exciting stage of growth is looking for a Semi Senior Accountant to join the team on a permanent basis.
This job would suit a team player, with active participation in the team, in addition to being able to work on their own as required.
You will be responsible for complete end to end accounting tasks for a range of SME businesses, using industry leading tools.
Our well-established client has completed a number of acquisitions and is looking to grow both organically and through further acquisitions in 2021.
The successful individual will be an AAT qualified or ACCA part qualified accountant who has 2-3 years' experience within an accountancy practice. This person will be highly organised, proactive and a self-starter. You will be a friendly person with good work ethic and the ability to prioritise workload. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are vital plus Intermediate MS Office, including Excel, Word is essential and experience of working with Xero is a must.
Duties will include:
- Maintain records of our clients using accounting software packages including Xero and Sage 50
- Use cloud accounting tools to process transactions, prepare and post journals, update all ledgers, perform bank reconciliations ready for the monthly reporting process
- Liaising with clients on any queries
- Making journal entries for all receipts, payments, and other financial transactions.
- Undertake financial close procedures for the month end, including inter-company balance reconciliation
- Preparing management accounts and month end reconciliations, including commentary
- Drafting year end accounts for Limited and LLP's from start to finish under FRS 102, Section 1A and FRS 105, ready for client and management review
- Preparing of service charge accounts
- Preparing extended trial balances including the final year end trial balance
- Preparing cash flow statements.
- Running the monthly payroll for clients, including RTI submissions and pension contribution calculations
- Preparing corporation tax computation calculations and basic tax planning
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of VAT returns, including EC Sales and
- Intrastat returns
- Apply and understand the client to ensure transactions are recorded appropriately, under the correct accounting standard and highlight unusual transactions to senior members of the team
- Apply a basic knowledge of rules and regulations followed by UK SME's including tax requirements, company secretarial and a general commercial awareness
- Work as part of a team to provide ad-hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients receive an excellent service
For more information about this role or any other Semi Senior Accountant jobs in Finchley, London, please contact me in confidence or visit our website.
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability