Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Some seasonal Saturday mornings 9:00 am - 12:30 pm as required
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual, with a confident sales background, ideally within the marine industry, to join our client's wonderful team.
As a consultant, you will join the sales and administration team, working with them to expand the business by actively seeking and acquiring new customers along with retaining existing ones by formulating strong relationships to ensure growth. You will be responsible for providing all customers with an excellent service and a memorable and lasting impression of our client's company.
Training will be provided to ensure the successful candidate gains a full appreciation of the broader organisation. The successful candidate will be provided with the opportunity to take on further responsibility as they gain experience within the role.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Building strong relationships with both new and current clients.
* Respond to inbound enquiries (face to face, email, website and telephone) assessing customers' requirements and determining scope of works.
* Attend customer and prospect visits, including measuring up and design consultation.
* Provide quotations to meet customers' requirements.
* Actively following up quotations and successfully converting them to orders.
* Seek new business and proactively foster any new business potential.
* Meet and exceed sales targets by maximizing upsell and cross-sell opportunities across marine and non-marine.
* Learning and retaining detailed and up-to-date product knowledge.
* Attend events / exhibitions to market the company.
* General administration duties.
* Fulfil all company-established policy obligations.
* Take ownership and responsibility of personal workload and performance.
* Work closely with all teams to deliver exceptional customer service.
Skills and Experience:
* Customer sales and service experience.
* Marine background and/or experience preferable.
* A confident communicator.
* Strong work ethic.
* Able to assimilate information quickly and provide considered responses.
* Self-motivated to thrive in a fast paced, manufacturing company and close-knit team.
* Flexible and adaptable as required to support the overall company's aims and objectives.
* Able to plan, organise and meet agreed work deadlines.
* Physically able to work outdoors or on the water in the yachting/boating environment.
* Full clean driving licence.
* Attention to detail and maintain good, accurate quality of work.
* Able to react positively to organisational and market changes.
* PC, Microsoft and web literate.
* Potential to earn up to £1k extra per year with sales targets
* Director's discretionary bonuses
* Company pension & pay review after 1 year