I am recruiting for a repair technician working for one of our clients based within easy commuting distance from York and Selby.
The successful candidate will have proven technical knowledge within the garden machinery sector with the ability to learn to fix all products we cover. An understanding of cordless and electrical platforms would also be an advantage. We are looking for a multi-talented, hands-on, hardworking individual to fulfill this important role.
Working hours and pay
Full time (37.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,500 - £23,500 per annum, depending on experience
* Perform all service repairs for electrical and petrol garden tools.
* Effective processing of all warranty repairs from receipt to dispatch.
* Identifying common faults and consistently applying relevant solutions to prevent product returns.
* Close communication with the Customer Helpline team and providing related information & support.
* Maintain a working knowledge of a diverse number of products and liaise closely with our product development team to enable continuous product improvement.
* Assist in all areas of the warehouse and spare parts dept, as required.
* Any other ad-hoc duties, as required.
* Technically minded
* Mechanical engineering background would be an advantage
* Excellent communicator on all levels
* Demonstrate problem-solving skills
* Forklift licence desirable, but not essential
* Microsoft Office skills, previous experience with CRM systems
Twice Weekly Lateral flow tests are currently required. Regular cleaning and sanitation is in place. Hand Hygiene is a priority.
For further information please call Jo