The Business & Opportunity:
Unique opportunity to join specialist regional property investor with an impressive portfolio. Through the acquisition and active management of property in sustainable locations, they create quality spaces for their tenants, help communities to thrive, and generate value for shareholders over the long term.
They are currently looking for a friendly and personable Property Accounts Assistant to join their finance team Reporting to the Group Finance Manager this role forms a key part of the team and primarily involves full responsibility of the sales ledger and maintenance of the property and tenant databases. This is a busy and varied role and will provide you with full exposure from a deal being done to the figures reported in the annual accounts.
Your remit will include:
Day to day:
* Reading Heads of Terms and preparing completion statements.
* Reading of completed leases and entering key data onto our data base.
* Weekly rent and service charge runs for the full portfolio.
* Ad-hoc sales ledger account adjustments.
* Take ownership of Client Management properties including all ledger work, reporting and vat returns.
* Client management reporting.
* Perform month end reconciliations to ensure the service charge balances back to the nominal ledger within each company.
* Ensure that insurance is recharged or refunded to tenants appropriately, inform brokers monthly of any amendments required.
* Monthly meetings with budget holders to discuss variances and projections.
* Monthly income changes reporting to the Board
* To account for irrecoverable aspect of the service charges, and calculate irrecoverable provision for quarter end accounts.
* Ensure all expenditure movements and instructions taken are fully documented and filed appropriately.
* Quarterly variance analysis of rental income and non-recoverable expenditure against budget.
* Quarterly forecasting.
* Responsible for putting together the rental income and property expenses budget.
Ideal Skills & Experience:
* Part-Qualified, Qualified or Qualified by Experience;
* Strong sales ledger knowledge;
* A positive can-do attitude, willing to help out at all levels if required.
* Impeccable time management and organisational skills to follow timetables and adhere to strict deadlines.
* Ability to work under own initiative using pragmatic and proactive approach;
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), providing the ability to build both internal and external relationships.
* Experience of accounting processes associated with the property or closely related sector;
What's on Offer:
* A salary in the region of £28,000-£33,000;
* A generous holiday allocation of 26 days + Bank Holidays;
* Annual Bonus;
* Modern, welcoming and friendly office environment;
* Free, on-site, Leeds city-centre parking;
* Free lunches!
Interviews are to be conducted imminently, hence you are advised to apply at your earliest convenience. N.B. Lyons Recruitment have been retained on an exclusive basis, hence any direct or other agency applications with be disregarded