My client, a leading designer and manufacturer of complex special purpose machinery, are looking for a Production Manager to lead their growing engineering workshop.
With a workforce to control of around 60 employees and departments including laser/fold, machining, fabrication, assembly, electrical panel build and system wiring the successful candidate will have the responsibility to lead the manufacturing team through its next stage of growth, with several projects under way which will directly impact on the direction of the business over the next 20 years.
Moreover, you will also need to demonstrate a proven background of implementing positive change within your current position or previous roles. As well as providing a practical approach to managing the day to day activities of the facility, the successful individual must be capable of demonstrating the maturity and experience needed to multi-task within a pressurised environment, communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and be confident to communicate with external customers at any level.
Experience of implementing ERP Systems would be useful as they are currently in the process of switching to Factory Master, this project has been delayed due to Covid 19 but now needs moving forwards. This role has the potential to lead to a Senior Management position for the successful candidate.
Duties to include (but not limited to):
- Managing a multi-disciplined team of supervisors, mechanical and electrical engineers, machine operators and support staff totalling approximately 60 people.
- Co-ordinating production activities.
- Planning work and labour requirements with the support of the Assistant Production Manager.
- Ensuring production and despatch targets are met.
- Maintaining control of production costs.
- Interfacing with colleagues at all levels.
- Working closely with the Sales team, Design Office, Projects & Purchasing Departments.
- Maintaining a safe factory working environment.
- Maintaining quality standards and procedures in association with QA.
- Introducing new equipment, operational systems and procedures targeted at improving efficiency and reducing waste.
- Working with HR to recruit and manage the manufacturing team.
Ideally qualified to at least HND/C&G in an engineering discipline, or with a full apprenticeship, you will possess at least 5 years experience in a management role within an mixed use engineering environment. Strong organisational and man-management skills are a must, along with experience in using a wide variety of modern manufacturing processes and theories.
My client offer a good basic salary and the chance to develop into a senior manager with experience in the business.
if you are interested in this role, please apply below or call Kris Feaviour at Revision Recruitment