Working within the Product Management function with strong collaboration with RnD teams, the Product Owner is central to coordinating the development of products and services.
This role requires the successful candidate to bridge the product management vision and roadmap with the granular delivery task level within specific product epics. Closely working with stakeholders, such as Architecture and Product Managers, capture, analyse and translate epics into user stories and tasks for the development team to deliver. Communication and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to elicit the exact requirements and determine priorities will be key to ensuring that the development teams are aligned with the wider requirements of the product teams.
The role will involve:
- Delivery planning of the product roadmaps as defined by the Product managers
- Develop and prioritise detailed user stories/requirements to deliver high-quality services that meet or exceed both our internal and external customers' expectations.
- Write features and user stories with acceptance criteria.
- Translate and articulate complex business problems into easily understood solutions, documenting un-ambiguous definitions of scope.
- Groom and prioritise backlog items to best achieve core business objectives.
- Align stakeholders on the status, demonstrating progress, and ensure the backlog is visible, transparent, and clear.
- Communicate complex concepts to all levels of an organization and customers.
- Define problems, collect data, analyse data using a range of techniques, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Monitor, report and manage the Total cost of development and Total cost of operation for a product/feature
- Work collaboratively with others to accomplish goals - including UX, development teams, marketing, sales, customer support etc.
- Demonstrate a flair for innovation and creativity, focusing on outcomes.
- Demonstrate a self-starting, hardworking, inquisitive approach - always considering the bigger picture and seek opportunities to maximise the business value delivered by product features
- Demonstrate exceptional planning, facilitation, dependency management, risk management & analytical skills.
- Contribute to the strategy and vision of the products and their roadmaps
- Understand the customer/ user of the service or component, utilising and sharing user journeys, personas, user experience data, and metrics to reinforce this understanding across the wider team.
- Treats Security and DevOps as a mindset considering within all analysis and project work.
- Be the internal evangelist for your area of the Product Management vision
Working in a friendly, dynamic, and supportive team that will encourage passion, ambition, and collaboration, both in performance as a team and individually, and where new ideas are encouraged!