An exciting opportunity for a Product Manager has arisen to join the European leading supplier of Window and Door Locking systems and solutions used by fabricators and specified by main contractors, architects, and architectural ironmongers.
BASIC SALARY: competitive basic salary
· Contributory Pension
· Healthcare scheme
· 24 Days Holiday plus Stats
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leicester, Peterborough, Corby, Northampton, Huntingdon
After undergoing a strategic business review, current company growth as well as opportunities that have arisen, we are now looking to strengthen our team with a Product Manager to support the Product Management, Marketing, Technical support information and Engineering requirements.
· The opportunity to join, a brand leading name and a European wide manufacturer
· The company has an active policy of promotion from within and offers the genuine opportunity to develop your career
· This position will be challenging but also tremendously rewarding.
· Coaching, mentoring and training are an integral part of the company's culture
JOB DESCRIPTION: Product Manager : Window & Door locking systems, Construction
The Product Manager role is to support the teams mentioned previously and ensure that we are in the best possible positions to take advantage of all sales opportunities, working closely with the sales team and farming information from the market, customers and prospects.
We are looking for candidates who will:
· Investigate customer specific hardware requirements
· Work with the Technical Director and Product development review team to promote continuous product innovation
· Manage the creation and maintenance of NPI documentation
· Create concept designs and/or prototypes required to support business introduction
· Produce product launch drawings, production specifications and inspection specifications for the production of new and existing products
· An understanding of market sector legislation would be a distinct advantage.
· Produce product literature for marketing purposes
· Monitor competitor's products and feedback to the New Product development team
· Identify and report on market trends and competitor strategies.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Product Manager : Window & Door locking systems, Construction
· Ideally you will have good knowledge of the architectural ironmongery, window and door markets
· An excellent communicator with a practical technical approach with a proven track record of success within a product management function
· Excellent IT skills. Knowledge of Solidworks, AutoCAD / Draftsight and Microsoft office are essential.
· Any knowledge of graphic design and desktop publishing would be of interest.
· Commercially astute and consultative approach.
· Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
· Influencing skills and some experience of working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
· Real 'can-do' attitude
· Self-motivated, Ambitious, entrepreneurial, with excellent team player skills.
We are a European, market leading manufacturing group which supplies innovative window and door locking systems direct to window and door manufacturers, through specification to architectural practices and building contractors as well as via established distributor and retail channels.
With an annual group turnover of in excess of €270 million, we manufacture at 4 sites and distribute from a further 5 across Europe.
We are at the forefront of innovation and our products offer clients the full spectrum of solutions.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Technical Manager, Product Manager, Product Marketing, Product Compliance,
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: IP16440, Wallace Hind Selection