Central Employment are working with a global full-service Marcoms, Digital & Creative agency in the UK. Due to further growth, they are seeking a dynamic and ambitious PR Account Executive. Due to the fluid nature of the business, the successful PR Account Executive can be based anywhere in the UK.
Purpose of the PR Account Executive:
The PR and content executive is responsible for the delivery of PR and content activities for clients. The primary purpose of the role is to build relationships and secure opportunities with the media in order to raise the profile of the agencies clients. The PR and content executive also adds additional content creation skills to the team, assisting with the drafting of PR content as well as content for social media and digital platforms where needed.
The PR and content executive supports the Account Manager with the planning of PR strategies and the evaluation of their success. The PR and content executive also assists the Account Manager with the internal coordination of client work as well as liaising with clients to present opportunities and manage deadlines.
- Timely and responsive client communications
- Updating of client work plans and priority lists
- Briefing content writers and booking resource
- Coordination of PR and content activities and ensuring on-time delivery
- Assisting with the planning of PR campaigns
- Measurement and evaluation of PR campaigns including the production of reports
- Playing an active role in client meetings
- Creating and updating media outreach lists
- Tracking forward features for key publications
- Liaising with the media to pitch ideas for client content
- Drafting of content including press releases, media commentaries, blogs, award entries etc.
- Interviewing SMEs to gather input for content
- Research to support campaigns e.g. competitors, customers
- Identifying profile raising opportunities such as awards and speaking slots
- Sourcing and managing media interview opportunities
- Keeping up to date with PR trends and suggesting ways to improve ramarketing's offering
- Staying abreast of industry developments and understanding the client's business in order to identify opportunities to raise profile
- Planning and implementing organic social media activities including basic scheduling of content, audits, analysis and recommendations
- Producing social media content calendars
Essential experience required:
- Experience in B2B PR and communications
- Circa 2 yrs agency experience - PR/Comms/Media
- B2B media relations
- Experience dealing with a range of stakeholders and building relationships with journalists
- Experience managing deadlines and ensuring the on-time, high quality delivery of work
- Understanding of how PR and content fits into wider integrated marketing strategies