Based in Cambridge the Platform Software Developer will be joining a global leader In the technology sector on a permanent basis. Projects cover the whole lifecycle of product development from concept and prototype stages, through to production, support and maintenance
The Platform Software Developer will be involved in all aspects of Software development relating to support of the hardware (device drivers) and software platform (e.g. kernel configuration and updates).
The successful candidate will have the following:
* Developing production quality real time embedded software for low level device drivers
* Experience of using configuration management and fault tracking tools
* Experience in the complete software development lifecycle
* Familiar with Embedded Linux driver architecture, USB, networking, memory and scheduling subsystems. Experience of using ARM BSPs
* Significant contribution to platform development of a commercially released product using Embedded Linux
* Experience in using and integrating open-source Linux development tools for debugging, profiling, code coverage, memory leak detection etc.
* Excellent knowledge of the C programming language in real-time multi-processor, multi-threaded, event-driven software
* Excellent debugging skills. Enjoys investigating and solving challenging real-time platform issues
If you are interested in this Platform software developer position please contact Irma Iannone or hit the apply button