Pastry Chef de Partie - Mon to Fri
Common Grind specialises in contract and event catering and all things delicious. We deal with some of the most discerning clients in and around London.
We are the caterers at one of the most exciting and well known online social networks companies.
We are recruiting for an experienced Pastry Chef De Partie to join our hard-working team.
Why work for us?
Our working hours are some of the best you’ll find in catering, with a Monday to Friday rota system.
We are strong believers in work / life balance. Our working environment is fun and inspiring, with excellent career development opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
If you are a passionate and professional Pastry Chef de Partie with relevant high-volume experience, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Responsible for the consistent high-quality production of desserts and other pastry items.
• Required to, where applicable, manage a section within the pastry department, including menu planning, production and communicating order needs.
• Ensure all food items are prepared and handled in a timely and sanitary manner while adhering to Health and Safety Guidelines. Ensure consistent documentation.
• Set up desserts for service.
• Opportunity to contribute ideas to menu writing.
• Keeping up with market trends and bring new ideas to the Senior Chef.
• Assist in directing junior team on daily tasks to ensure quality and consistency of production.
• Assist the Senior Pastry Chef in monitoring and training Junior Chefs.
• Assist Senior Pastry Chef in recording production/waste.
• Assist Senior Pastry Chef in ordering, stock control and rotation of all pastry related ingredients.
Only those eligible to work in the UK will be considered for this position.
Reference ID: DCDP/W1T
Expected start date: mid January
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £14.17 per hour
Free meals at work, Employee Assistance Programme, Pension scheme
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Contact: HR Team