One of our clients based near Elvington in York is looking for a part time Purchase Ledger Clerk to work 15 hours per week, Monday ,Wednesday and Friday 5 hours per day office based.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
Ensure the accurate, timely and continuous end to end processing of assigned Accounts Payable invoicing and payment transactions, ensuring supplier invoices are processed and paid in accordance with company guidelines.
1. Processing of all supplier invoices and credit notes in a timely manner and sorting through all the paperwork.
2. Resolving invoice queries with supplier, procurement or authorising manager
3. Maintain the files depending on status (Paid/Unpaid)
4. Run suggested payments reports and collate invoices to support proposed payment
5. Issue remittances to suppliers to support payments made, reconciliation of supplier statements, first point of contact for suppliers raising queries regarding invoices and payments
6. Process company credit card forms, chase outstanding forms/receipts from card holders
7. Support other members of finance team and perform ad-hoc duties as required
8. Responsible for quality of own work and setting an example through leadership by promotion and adherence of company procedures, particularly Health & Safety, Quality and Hygiene
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Previous Purchase Ledger / Accounts Payable / Finance experience preferred
2. Good general education background including English & Maths qualifications
3. A polite, confident and friendly manner and good communication skills
4. Initiative & desire to improve systems, processes and the company
5. Experience & confidence using computer systems, preferably Sage Line 50, Excel, Word, Outlook
6. To enjoy working with suppliers and building relationships
7. A positive attitude, flexibility and quick thinking
8. To be well organised and thorough, even under pressure
Please call Jo for more information