Multi-Skilled Electrical Engineer
£27,000 - £32,000 (dependent on experience)
Our client are global experts in upgrading concrete floor flatness in VNA / narrow aisle warehouses and distribution centres. Each year our client grind thousands of linear metres of aisle to enable VNA forklift trucks to operate safely and efficiently.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a skilled team in working on a wide range of specialist construction equipment, designed, built and maintained in house. The right candidate will be dealing with a variety of electrical and mechanical breakdowns and repairs with this equipment.
In an effort to eliminate repetitive faults, the company invests time in developing its equipment and therefore the position will involve the successful candidate voicing ideas for design changes and development.
On occasions, the right candidate will attend sites to perform fault diagnosis and repair. The locations of these sites can range throughout the UK and Overseas.
* Relevant electrical qualification and/or suitable experience
* Ability to perform electrical modifications and upgrades to existing equipment
* Sound knowledge of motors and control systems
* Understand and work from electrical circuit diagrams and drawings
* Able to diagnose and fault find
* Knowledge of electrical standards and best practice
* Able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Any experience in the following areas would be an advantage -
* Mechanical fitting skills
* Worked with 12- & 24-volt systems (automotive systems)
* Pat Testing
* Identifying and introducing new technology, including liaising with equipment suppliers and creating specifications and acceptances
* Knowledge of CAN bus-based systems
* Able to use any electrical computer packages
The company will pay a competitive salary of £27,000 - £32,000 dependent on experience. The projects are across the UK and sometimes Europe so the candidate will have the opportunity to travel and must be flexible. The company provides individual en-suite hotel rooms plus a meal allowance when working away from home on top of the salary. They will also provide company PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)