An experienced Contracts Manager with a Mechanical bias is required to join this Interior Fit Out and Refurbishment company. This is a great opportunity to join a niche, privately owned, commercially sound business and to take ownership of the Mechanical Business Unite of this upwardly mobile business.
As a Mechanical Contracts Manager , you will be providing the Mechanical Services expertise to the organisations range of clients. Supported by two experienced Mechanical Project Managers , you will be involved with a range of Construction & Refurbishment Projects from the Estimating phase.
It will be your responsibility, with the lead Estimator and Commercial Director, to go through each ITT and assess the commercial and project risks in relation to the Mechanical Services element of each Capital Project. Then, using your expertise, you will be involved in the development of financially sound bids and proposals . Following that it will be your responsibility to take ownership for the Profitable delivery of the Mechanical elements of each Capital Project via your team of Project Managers.
In terms of candidates the company will consider individuals with a range of experience. You could have run your own Mechanical Services business, but grown tired of the 24 hour, 365 days a year nature of running your own company and instead be looking to secure a permanent job with a financially sound business.
You could be working for a large Mechanical Services business as a Senior PM or Contracts Manager but feel your career progression is limited and you need a fresh challenge. Alternatively you could be commuting into a London on a daily basis and be looking for something closer to home in order to improve your work life balance whilst not limiting your longer term career prospects. In any case this is an interesting opportunity that may be worth further exploration.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a salary range of £70k-£80k, Company Car, Pension, Medical, Life Insurance, Performance related bonus and real long term career prospects in line with business growth.
To be successful you must have/ be all of the following:
* Mechanical Building Services Qualifications
* Ability to read design drawings
* Able to build up a technically sound mechanical services estimates mitigating commercial risks
* Experience of managing teams
* Experience of managing subcontractors
* Experience of sourcing specialist materials and resources in relation the delivery of projects
* Experience of manging the commercial elements of Mechanical Services Contracts
* Broad Construction sector experience for example ie Light Industrial, Commercial, Leisure
* The ability to develop relationships with clients at all levels