Role: Marketing Officer
Salary: £23,200 per annum
Hours: Monday to Thursday 08:30am-5:00pm & 8:30am-4pm Friday
Our client is a training provider, who specialise in Apprenticeships.
The role requires:
The role of Marketing Officer offers the chosen candidate a chance to play a key role in delivering the marketing strategy by ensuring they successfully and creatively promote the opportunities it offers to employers, potential students and the wider community.
Your role will include account management of projects and you will work across various companies within the group. You will work in partnership with our teaching departments to support recruitment, and alongside colleagues in the Marketing Team, such as Graphic Designers and website staff, to produce a range of digital and print media products to promote the opportunities the Group offers.
Day to day duties:
Your role will involve creating and co-ordinating a number of marketing campaigns and managing short and long-term projects alongside one another. In doing so, you will be writing engaging copy for promotional materials including course guides, adverts, press releases and website content. You will take some publications and materials from concept through to completion as your own projects.
You will also create a constant flow of communications onto our digital platforms (for example our websites and social media pages) and into the local media (press and radio). This could entail the coordination of media opportunities, events and liaising with reporters.
At key times in the year you will also be involved in Open Events, meeting potential applicants to the group's colleges, and with the organisation of 'showcase' events, such as our HE Graduation, giving the opportunity to develop your event-handling skills. You will also have the opportunity to commission merchandising items to engage potential learners.
This role offers a great opportunity to deliver day-to-day marketing activities and play an active part in delivering our strategic marketing plan. The career development in this role is dramatically enhanced due to the variety of the role and our challenging goals and ambitions.
* Use your skills and experience in PR & Marketing to effectively promote the Group and it's brands Training to ensure they achieve or exceed their recruitment numbers or business targets for the next academic year.
* To develop good working relationships across the Group especially with your assigned departments within 6 months of being in post.
* To lead and/or coordinate a range of marketing events and campaigns, within budget and deadline from concept stage through to delivery and campaign evaluation.
* To continue the on-going development of the Group and colleges social media channels; improving engagement and increasing the audience reached.
* To work with members of the Marketing Team to maintain resources for promoting the Group. This includes photography, videography, podcasts and media assets.
* You'll be able to work as part of a team within a complex organisation, to meet deadline and deliver highly visible outcomes that must appeal to the relevant stakeholders.
* You must be solutions orientated, always looking for efficient and cost-effective ways to promote the Group.
* As there are a range of key clients, they may have differing expectations in terms of priorities and you'll be able to use your technical skills, problem solving ability, professional credibility and communication skills to work with key stakeholders to ensure that their needs are met.
* Ideally have a good understanding of B2B marketing.
* Experience in B2B marketing
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer