Think Accountancy and Finance are pleased to be working with a prestigious client based on the outskirts of Watford. Our client is a membership body within the food and drink industry, they have an exciting opportunity for an up and coming Commercial Accountant to join their organisation. This position would suit a candidate who is either Qualified or QBE and is commercially minded.
This role will be based in their head office in a small finance function reporting into their Financial Controller.
The role will include some Management Accountant work but the main focus on the role will be to business partner the various teams in the company. You will be focused on analysis and also manipulating and interpreting data. The successful candidate will own the financial analysis for the business and focus on cost and optimising resources.
- Act as first point of contact with the finance team for a number of departments
- The analysis and interpretation of commercial and non-commercial data
- The production, embedding and interpretation of KPIs
- Input into monthly management accounts, quarterly forecasts and annual budget
- Preparing other ad hoc reports with a focus on variance analysis
- Participation at performance review meetings
- Review of processes and procedures ensuring they are fit for purpose
- Cover for other team members as required
To be successful for this role you need to be:
- Either a part qualified accountant, newly qualified or qualified by experience. If already training for a recognised qualification, support will be provided
- IT literate with strong excel skills and the ability to manipulate data
- Good knowledge of accounting systems
- An aptitude to challenge the norm
- Strong influencing, listening and presentational skills
- Intellectually and numerically robust
- Ability to work under pressure
- Track record of challenging and improving business processes
- Effective communicator who acts with diplomacy, discretion and integrity
- Proactive self-starter, with the ability to self-motivate
Think Accountancy and Finance is the finance division of Think Specialist Recruitment, an independent recruitment agency based in Hemel Hempstead and working across the Herts, Beds and Bucks area. We specialise in permanent, temporary and contract recruitment with areas of expertise including: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Finance Admin, Part Qualified Finance, Qualified Finance, Credit Control and Bookkeepers.