Kenny Recruit are looking for a part qualified Management Accountant to join a growing real estate company. We are looking for someone to become a central member of our client's finance team, to prepare high quality and timely financial information.
Key deliverables will include the monthly, quarterly and annual operational property management accounts, providing support to Property Managers and assisting them in managing their P&L's. Working within a professional and friendly finance department of 16 people of which approximately half are qualified Accountants there is also plenty of opportunity to share best practice, brainstorm ideas and get support when needed and come into a growing business, where strong existing processes are pro-actively being enhanced to support the growth of the business, and where the team remains small enough for demonstrated ability to shine. It will enable the right candidate to gain a deep understanding of the student housing sector.
Pay: £30,000 - £38,000 per annum + benefits (dependent on experience and qualifications)
Location: Central London (a mix of office and remote working)
Working hours: 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for 8 operational properties. Including calculation and posting of accrual and prepayment journals.
- Prepare variance analysis to budget for the monthly management accounts.
- Prepare and post journals for the more complex accounting entries e.g. capital drawn, acquisition of properties etc.
- Reconciliation of inter-company loan balances.
- Post and review bank reconciliations.
- Provide support and advice to the property managers, helping them understand and manage their property P&L's.
- Lead monthly property operations meetings; leading and presenting the finance segment of the meeting.
- Supervise the Accounts Assistants in the management of the property utility bills.
- Review and supervise the preparation and submission of VAT and CIS returns.
- Prepare P11d's.
- Preparation of PAYE settlement agreement.
- Ensure monthly PAYE payment is made prior to HMRC deadline.
- Responsible for supervising the running and maintenance of the purchase ledger, including supporting the Accounts Assistants with the preparation of monthly supplier statement reconciliations. Review the reconciliations on a monthly basis and ensure any reconciling items are resolved.
- Oversee and supervise the accounts payable function.
- Assist with the preparation of year end audit schedules and respond to auditor's queries.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end property level budgets.
- Oversee the preparation of the group arrears report and work with property managers to ensure there are no group arrears over 30 days old.
- Management and preparation of the service charge, including budget preparation and year end reporting.
- Carry out ad hoc tasks as and when required.
- Demonstrable experience of effective communication both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare monthly management accounts, including preparation and posting of accrual and prepayment journals.
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- Good attention to detail.
- To be able to work diligently and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to prepare VAT returns
- Part qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
We've been candidates too so we know how frustrating it is if you don't hear back from a job application. We'd love to respond to everyone, however given the high volume of responses we receive from the combination of job boards, social media and other sources and despite our best efforts, we simply can't get back to every application - We know that's not what you want to hear but we hope you'll understand?
Short-listed candidates will obviously be contacted for this specific role and if you haven't heard from us within a week, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We will keep your CV on file to contact you with regards to future roles and any other advice to help you, however if you do not wish to remain on our database, please let us know and we will obviously remove you.Alternatively, feel free to contact us for a chat.