New Role - Legal Cashier - Blackburn - £23-25k - apply now!
Reed is recruiting on behalf of a long-established and expanding legal firm in the Blackburn area that're looking for someone to join their cashier team on a permanent basis.
You will be working in a busy head office and as part of a team of 5 cashiers. Previous experience in an accounting/bookkeeping role or a legal cashier role is essential. You will be required to assist in the smooth running of the practice by attending to the various financial transactions arising from the work of the firm and its internal operation.
The duties include:
- To undertake daily banking functions including bank reconciliations
- The administration and reconciliation of petty cash
- The processing of client and office accounting transactions including postings
- The preparation of cheques
- The processing of bank transfers
- The control of designated client deposit accounts
- The preparation of credit control advice
- The administration of the purchase ledger
- Financial management reporting as required
- The preparatory work for the annual accounts
- VAT administration and returns
- Administration of company cars, office insurance, practising certificates, professional indemnity insurance, etc.
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
- Salary £23-25k dependent on experience
- 25 holiday plus bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- Holiday accrual scheme after 4 years to max 30 days
- NEST pension scheme
- Town centre location
Interested? Please reply to this advert with your CV attached and I'll be in touch should you be short listed.
**Due to the high volumes of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial telephone interview.