Investigo's major client is seeking an experienced Lead Solutions architect to join an existing team on a major transformation programme. You will be responsible for leading the development of architectures for complex solutions, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external, and internal customers.
- Responsible for the technical integrity of solution designs, ensuring for example that reusable elements are recognised, and that work is not unnecessarily duplicated. Ensures that all changes are managed effectively and contributes to formal reviews and evaluations when projects and programmes end.
- Leads the development of solution architectures in specific business, infrastructure or functional areas. Ensures that appropriate tools and methods are available, understood and employed in architecture development.
- Provides advice on solution architecture, including solution development methods and tools, security requirements, the operational and maintenance aspects of solutions under development, and non-functional aspects of solution design.
- Co-ordinates design activity, for solution architecture components, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency. Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
- Create, publish and maintain technology road maps.
- Responsible for the evaluation of technology changes (existing or emerging) and the potential impacts, threats and opportunities to the organisation. Ensure these are aligned to the use of technology strategy.
- Evaluates tenders based on the specification and evaluation criteria.
- Participates in or leads quality reviews of solution architecture components during the design phase.
- Experience of delivering solution architectures for complex system and business transformation Programmes, including Salesforce, PSA, ERP and enterprise service bus
- Is familiar with the systems development lifecycle and typical problems associated with the implementation and operation of information systems and has an appreciation of both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Is aware of the organisation's IT infrastructure and software development and maintenance methods, tools and techniques.
- Is familiar with organisation's IT strategy, policies and standards, and any industry regulations/constraints.
- Is aware of risk management, change management, configuration management, reliability and safety methods and the use of metrics.
- Combines technical competence with business and commercial awareness and mature communications skills.
- Possesses some knowledge of all types of information systems and detailed knowledge of more than one type.