Junior Test Analyst
Our client is building their Testing team and have a brilliant opportunity for a Junior Test Analyst to get involved with some exciting new projects that they have! This is a great role for someone looking to progress and gain some valuable experience in an Agile working environment!
Our client is looking for candidates who have a minimum of 1-2 years' experience using Agile methodologies, in particular SCRUM and Kanban. Although you will work in a team, you will have the opportunity to take sole responsibility for all aspects of testing. You will work closely with the software development teams, Project Managers, end users and other groups as deemed necessary, to ensure all criteria of testing is fulfilled.
Key tasks as a Test Analyst:
- Responsible for the quality of software development and deployment
- Proficient with Agile software methodologies - SCRUM, Kanban
- Ability to read and analyze application & design requirements (User Stories) with a good attention to detail
- Participate in requirements gathering and planning sessions in order to determine required test cases
- Good knowledge of testing tools - including automated testing and building regression test packs
- Attending daily stand-up meetings and providing testing updates
- Good knowledge of Agile management systems including Jira and Confluence
- Raising defects within Jira and working closely with software development team for resolution
- Ability to write and capture test cases for specific requirements in the form of User Stories
- Data centric testing - data import and export processes
- Discuss with business users & IT developers to understand the scope of projects and the key features
- Ability to provide accurate and realistic estimations on testing requirements
- Good knowledge of testing desktop based applications
- Testing responsibilities shall include:
- System Testing (first and second testing)
- End to End Testing
- Regression testing
- User Acceptance Testing (may delegate to front end user)
- Non-Functional testing
- Performance testing
- Present and communicate test findings to business users (internal & external)
The ideal Test Analyst:
- Proficient in the use of Agile development frameworks: SCRUM and Kanban.
- Knowledge of testing tools - to enable automated testing against desktop applications.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with Software Development and Operations teams
- Birthday leave
- Discounts on high street vouchers
- Reward and recognition
- Free courses
- Onsite gym
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Option to buy & sell holidays
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Charity Fundraising Events
- Excellent transport links
09:00 to 17:30 Monday to Friday. Hybrid working with some visits to our office in Reigate, Surrey. Please ensure you are in commutable distance to the office.
About our client:
Our client is the industry-leading provider of credit management services. At our client they believe in leading the way to a sound economy and helping their customers become debt free in affordable ways. Our clients business is about helping others. Helping individuals in debt get out of difficult situations. Helping companies get paid so they can grow, employ and prosper.
They want to make a difference by ethically supporting thousands of customers to pay off their debt. Our clients people care about treating their customers fairly and they care about their people.
Our client has recently been awarded Investors in People Gold! They are delighted to hear that 100% of their people feel our client has clear values and that 94% also believe they are a great place to work!
Please note that you will be subject to a credit check and a criminal records check as part of our pre-employment checks process. You should not be bankrupt, have any outstanding County Court Judgements on your credit file or have more than two registered defaults.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.