154805 | Junior IT Service Manager
Up to £31,877 | London
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. Our products and services will be used by almost everyone in the UK at some point in their lives. When we do Digital it is on massive scale.
You'll be working with our DWP Data & Analytics team, on one of the largest Data Warehouses in Government.
Our team has responsibility for the maintenance and support of the technical platform from which business critical services are delivered. You'll work on DWP services that make a real difference to millions of citizens across the globe.
We are looking for a Junior IT Service Manager to join our team. You'll be part of active, supportive Service Management community, working alongside digital experts. It's a brilliant way to fast-track your development, and grow your career, while working on stuff that really matters.
You'll deliver a range of service management activities like queue management for incidents resolution and service requests and responding to queries addressing all aspects of the Products and Services including reference to policies and processes.
You'll assign incidents and Service Requests to engineers, and be responsible for making sure they are cleared on time. You'll also support resolution or escalate where appropriate to relevant IT service functions.
As a Junior IT Service Manager you will provide a single view on service performance and support provision of MI for Service Performance Reports. And you'll provide IT business support and make sure that Products and Services are delivering the best value for money to meet business and user requirements.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- You can build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (external and internal) and manage business expectations using the right communications, reporting, assurance and governance.
- You take accountability of issues that occur and proactively seek out potential problems.
- You have knowledge and experience of the end to end support structure needed within a project/service, including the processes, SLAs, KPIs, OLAs required to meet deliverables and transitions.
- You know how to ensure the correct implementation of standards and procedures.
- You can proactively review information in conjunction with service level agreements to identify availability and capacity issues and any required changes.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in London.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to £31,877 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 24.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.