Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
Basic Purpose: The Investment Data Office champions a long-term, strategic initiative to unify and harmonize our investment data. This initiative enables enhanced investment decision making, risk management and client reporting for our multi-asset platform by delivering consistent, timely, accurate and user-friendly data to investors, risk teams and clients. Using strong investment data and operations knowledge, the Investment Data Quality & Stewardship Team seeks to provide superior support to the investment teams and performs a specialized set of "first response" duties related to managing and ensuring data quality, accuracy and availability to Portfolio Managers and Traders. Team members will work closely with our investment teams on improving data accessibility, user experience, trustworthiness and driving greater adherence to data quality standards. This position is part of the Investment Data Team, will be based in London, with a primary focus on fixed income securities, including derivatives, covering portfolio level data, metrics and methodologies. Principal Responsibilities:
- Identify, problem solve and track investment data quality and accuracy concerns to resolution, including detecting and analyzing root causes.
- Manage and prioritize the backlog of data quality issues and requests, incorporating Portfolio Manager input and risk mitigation principles, for both short-term and long-term end-to-end quality remediation.
- Understand end-to-end data flows and data dependencies in order to track data lineage and resolve data ambiguities.
- Coordinate cross-functionally, including with operations, technology, legal and compliance, to determine resolution path for data issues, and escalate decisions and thematic challenges where appropriate to the Investment Data Governance Council.
- Execute data standardization activities where possible to achieve short-term resolution of issues.
- Ensure data policies and standards, as determined by the Investment Data Governance Council, are adhered to within investment systems and any reports prepared by the investment team
- Inform funding decisions with respect to data and technology needs in support of Investments requirements.
- Develop and improve the Investment Data Quality & Stewardship Team Processes and Manage Investment Data Quality Dashboards.
- Contribute to the Investment Data strategy, roadmap, business planning, literacy program, as well as the setting of standards, policies and rules, in conjunction with the broader Investment Data Team.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to develop creative solutions to meet business needs.
- Sufficient understanding of investment data and operations to address start of day, intra-day and end of day portfolio management needs.
- Strong business focus with demonstrated ability to form effective working relationships, be resourceful and resolve conflicts
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities collaboratively as well as independently, and effectively in a demanding environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with a major in finance, computer science, data science or related fields.
- 5-7 years of industry experience, with preferably 5 or more years of related experience in data quality and management
- Knowledge of fixed income securities, including derivatives.
- Familiarity with data standards for fixed income securities and/or derivatives a plus.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."