Pathway Group aspires to be an organisation that Changes Lives Through Skills and Work with the aim of making a meaningful and impact difference to clients and learners. We do this by becoming an indispensable partner of choice to funding bodies, other lead providers, employers, and supply chain delivery partners.
We are seeking someone to help us recruit retain and grow the best people for our business. You will be working closely with the Executive Team and the HR administrators to lead and develop vital HR projects such as leadership development, employee assessment, and succession planning.
There will be a focus on implementing programs for performance management, leadership development, employee assessment, and succession planning, to identify training needs and create strategic solutions for improving skills across an entire company. You will be working closely with Pathway's senior leadership team to identify our recruiting, training, and organisational needs by creating strategic solutions for improving skills across the entire company. Outgoing people that love adult learning and organisational development can thrive in this role.
"If the company has a people-related problem to solve, the HR Manager will often be at the very centre of putting together a solution. HR Managers don't get involved in just one area; they get involved in so many areas of the business. A HR Manager champions a company's efforts to attract, train, and keep the best employees."
Requirements of the Role
You will be working directly with the CEO and supporting several Senior Leaders, and HR Administrators in their roles. We expect you to:
* Have good knowledge of working in a regulated environment - i.e Ofsted,etc
* Have a good understanding of safer and effective recruitment and be able to assist in matching us with talent appropriate to our culture, our contracts, and objectives
* Be able to contribute to growing and protecting our culture, with recruitment at the heart of HR duties
* Keeping Pathway culture at the forefront of all work, with marketing and recruitment reflecting Pathway core values
* Direct and provide efficient services in the planning of Human Resourcing, recruitment and selection, performance management, learning and development as well as taking a lead and directing HR Administrative responsibilities
To us, the HR Manager is the go-to person for all staff-related issues. You will be involved in overseeing and delivering on activities such as job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, learning & development, and talent management.
* working with various leadership stakeholders to steer overall talent development strategies is an essential task for this role
* overseeing the delivery of employee development programs and manage multiple resources to achieve objectives
* building strong relationships to connect with fellow leaders and employees
* synthesise live HR findings and publish written reports and training materials
* Apply HR and business knowledge, evidencing appropriate decision-making skills
* Using strong planning, organisational development, and problem-solving skills and knowledge to effect and develop the business in a timely and fit or purpose manner
* Manage complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement, and redundancy as well as terminations and suspension
* Working with our outsourced legal team to Develop HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes and manage risk to the business
* Manage and oversee Staff Training matrix, CPD, Single Staff Register and ensure staff probationary reviews, appraisals are conducted that are appropriate and are fit for purpose
* Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation
* Support and where needed implement change management processes
* Delegate and manage appropriate tasks and be a leader for HR administrators
Knowledge and Skills
* Ability to Lead and manage staff, including providing advice and support to the Exec team
* Can lead advisory figurehead on staffing disputes and other issues such as disciplinary matters
* Have the ability to record meetings, write freehand and have demonstrable letter writing, report writing, policy writing and editing skills
* CIPD Level 7 or 5 and/or other HR related qualifications
Thorough knowledge of resourcing and planning, with a supported background of advising and guiding a senior team
Extensive experience in recruiting and retaining the right staff and maintaining a strong and growing workforce
Expert level HR qualified, with CIPD accreditation or equivalent
Identify risks to funding and providing insight and suggesting solutions to the senior leadership team
Expert organisational skills and managing others, including minute taking, managing a team and report writing
Up to date knowledge of the educational and ESFA funding sector
Some final few words from our CEO
"As a new team member not only must you have the knowledge and skills but also have the right mannerisms and attitude to be able to get along with us and help me to protect, support and grow the business in the "best way for the business".
"At Pathway Group we know without doubt that our biggest asset is our people - They represent us in everything they do." Every Problem In Business Is A People Problem - The Business Influencer
We should be able to have an effective working relationship that is professional and one that takes ownership and responsibility to ensure our people deliver performance and our intended outcomes.
We expect the new team member to hit the ground running, be role model for others and have a clear understanding of how they will make a difference and contribute to supporting me and the business."
Pathway Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered