Role: Head of Marketing
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + Bonus £7,000 - £10,000 + Company Car, + Laptop, Mobile, Pension, Health, Life Insurance + Benefits
Location - Epsom, Surrey
We are looking for a Head of Marketing who'll lead all our marketing activities from social media and digital campaigns to advertising and creative projects.
Head of Marketing responsibilities include developing plans to help establish our brand, allocating resources to different projects and setting short-term and long-term department goals. If you're a skilled Marketing strategist, able to inspire your team members, we'd like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will run the Marketing department in ways that promote higher profitability and competitiveness.
You will be a proactive, enthusiastic, results-driven Head of Marketing, with a minimum of 7 years of marketing experience, creating demand generation campaigns across Sales and automated customer on-boarding programmes.
Working closely with the Graphic Designer and Sales teams you will help ensure we deliver exceptional customer experiences that deliver efficient customer acquisition and retention strategies.
You'll be working on the front line of the business, devising and implementing a calendar of campaigns to support our revenue targets. You'll also lead and drive the continued modernisation of the marketing function, including the roadmap of the Market to marketing automation platform and delivery of a new suite of marketing tools to deliver growth and improve the performance and efficiency of the marketing capabilities.
Some of your responsibilities
- Craft strategies for all Commercial teams, including Digital, Advertising, Communications and Creative
- Prepare and manage monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Marketing department
- Set, monitor and report on team goals
- Design branding, positioning and pricing strategies
- Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts (like events, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material)
- Analyse consumer behaviour and determine customer personas
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share
- Monitor competition (acquisitions, pricing changes and new products and features)
- Coordinate sales and marketing efforts to boost brand awareness
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of company objectives
- Develop a Marketing strategy and roadmap
- Agree and implement a fully integrated sales and marketing campaign plan for each channel
- Run regular reviews of the plan across all sales channels including weekly performance reporting and monthly reviews
- Execute demand generation activities such as automation campaigns, social campaigns, DM campaigns, promotions
- Produce exciting and engaging content
- Define the creative campaign strategy for the business and represent the brand in the region
- This is critical highly valued role in the business and you will have exposure to senior leaders from all functions, who will look to you to drive the marketing strategy
- Develop effective working relationships across the business, raising awareness of Marketing activity, challenging where appropriate
- Introduce new ways of working and drive greater marketing effectiveness
- Drive further innovation using automation system
- Devise innovative campaigns to differentiate brands
- Be a key change driver and deliver growth
To be successful
- Ideally educated to degree level with relevant qualifications and 7+ experience in Marketing with at least 5 years' people leadership experience
- Substantial successful operational channel marketing management at a senior level in B2B or B2C business
- Strong analytical skills and very commercially focused
- Experience across the marketing mix including CRM, advertising, online and offline techniques and media
- PR and media relations experience
- Effective commercial management including budgets, contract negotiation and supplier management
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills and ability to form strong, trust-based work relationships with peers and senior stakeholders.
- Strong ability to persuade through copy and create a compelling story
- Effective problem solving, project management and delivery
- Track record in successful, inspirational team leadership and development
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills at all business levels
- Comfortable working in a fast moving constantly changing environment
- Strong IT Skills
- Experience running successful marketing campaigns
- Solid knowledge of web analytics and Google Adwords
- Experience with CRM software
- Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritise goals
- Analytical mind
- BSc or MSc in Marketing or relevant field
Head office based role with 30% national travel required including o