The company is a leading hardware distributor of DIY products in the UK & European market. They distribute a broad range of DIY and Hardware products.
The Role / Responsibilities
The company is looking for a Head of Ecommerce to join and lead their Ecommerce team and work on their websites. Online presence is a vital aspect of their business, with an advanced in-house marketing team.
The company is looking for a natural leader who is detail oriented and has a strong commercial background. This is a demanding position that requires an individual who can use good judgement to prioritise solutions based on their impact.
They're an established SME who have witnessed growth during the pandemic. They are now looking for an individual with the initiative to grow with them.
As both a hands on and strategic role, the position will involve but is not limited to the following;
- Own the eCommerce strategy and manage the Ecommerce / digital marketing team, ensuring they follow a customer and data centric approach
- Create a roadmap for optimisation for the customer journey, identifying barriers, and monitor ecommerce trends
- Work with third-party suppliers per our procedures to implement enhancements to the website, such as referral programmes, email solutions and content management
- Conduct regular competitor activity to understand the marketplace and make improvements
- Develop and enhance B2C sales via Magento Commerce based existing e-commerce web platform
- Create 360 degrees product graphics, written and video content. Create email and social media marketing campaigns along with monthly newsletters for the company.
- Develop, implement, and solely manage SEO and PPC strategies to maximize traffic to the company's web pages and generate increased web sales in the company's products
- Use Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and other relevant sites to maximize throughput with key focus on new customer acquisition
- Continually audit and develop processes to increase speed, effectiveness and reduce number of clicks to checkout, in other words, continuous improvement of quality throughput from the company's B2C web-sales platform thereby improving the usability, design, content and conversion of the company website
- Submit weekly KPI reports against devised order volume targets
- A strong background in an ecommerce position, managing and leading teams with knowledge of ecommerce strategy and tactics
- Experience with Google shopping
- Analytical skills to draw insight from data
- Experience with P&L within ecommerce functions
- An excellent attention to detail and quality
- Strong organisation skills: self-directed and capable of working effectively in a fast paced, exciting environment while juggling multiple projects
- The ability to work with various stakeholders, both internal and external
- Several years of experience using magento commerce
- Experience with tech website maintenance