Graduate Design Engineer
Annual Salary: Negotiated on an individual basis
A Graduate Design Engineer role is available in Birmingham ideally suited for a Graduate Civil or Graduate Structural Engineer. My Client is a large specialist company with a focus on delivering design solutions and construction engineering solutions to Clients across the construction sector.
My Client's Framing Division provides lightweight, fast track galvanized steel building solutions and require a Graduate Design Engineer to work as part of their thriving Design Team of this market leading, lightweight structural system also known as SFS.
This is the perfect opportunity for a Graduate Civil or Structural Engineer, with a good solid degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, seeking an opportunity to step onto the career ladder whilst working for a major engineering company with specialist divisions.
Appliants will have:
* Student or Graduate member and working towards chartered status through the IStructE or ICE
* Ideally have a minimum 2:1 BEng/Meng in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering
* The ideal candidate would have some experience working with BS5950, BS6399, BS8110, BS5628, BS5268 (knowledge of Eurocodes, especially 1 & 3 would be an advantage)
* Structural design of a variety of building structures in all materials, but ideally with a focus on steel
* Be familiar with AutoCad (knowledge of Revit would be an advantage)
* Have the ability to form good working relationships with customers
* Be well organised, self-motivated, professional and able to work under pressure
* Be responsible for achieving objectives on own initiative, as well as part of a team
* Be computer literate and able to communicate design principles at all levels
* Attention to detail, accuracy and mathematical analysis
* Management of projects through the design and drawing office
* Design of medium rise building structures and secondary structural support systems
* Clearly communicate designs and concepts to customers
* Provide technical support and advice to a team of Area Sales Managers including general structural, fire, acoustic and thermal issues
* Represent the Company at Design Team meetings and site visits when necessary at various locations across the UK
In return for your commitment to the role and skills and expertise you will be rewarded with a fantastic start to your career along with a good benefits package. Full details are available.
If you are interested in this role then please contact Simone Bacciocchi with a copy of your CV and you will be contacted in person to discuss