Fund Accountant - Real Estate Investment - OUR CLIENT is a renowned, established real estate investment management business with a growing £multi-billion AUM Real Estate portfolio under management. They operate worldwide within public and private investments and have instructed us to help them hire an experienced Accountant to take responsibility for the financial, management and performance reporting, as well as coordinating all operational and accounting aspects for joint venture vehicles. You will be also responsible for investor administration for unit trust and joint ventures.
THE ROLE: Reporting to Finance Manager, the core duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Maintaining property and fund accounting records to include bookkeeping entries and regular bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparing quarterly management accounts, annual financial statements and financial analysis for investment structures and joint ventures.
- Preparing annual financial statements and control of the year-end audit process, ensuring that timetables are adhered to and that information and explanations are provided to the auditors.
- Preparing CIS and VAT returns reconciliations.
- Liaising with the tax team for any tax compliance and regulatory matters.
- Managing cash including monitoring liquidity and regular capital calls and distributions to investors.
- Ensuring adequate finance procedures are in place and implementing improved procedures where necessary.
- Preparing data submission to index provider for calculation of fund performance.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders including investment managers, property managers, tax advisors, depositary, group finance, auditors and company secretary.
- Reviewing monthly information received from property managers, querying inconsistences and assisting in providing oversight.
- Providing financial analysis and support for investments decisions, commercial transactions and tenancy options.
- Monitoring fund mailbox and responding to investor queries and requests including disseminating regular investor reporting.
- Reviewing invoices to ensure accurate recording and correct accounting.
- Responding to information requests and ad-hoc queries from internal and external stakeholders, including both lawyers and trustees.
- Adhering to the FCA's Conduct Rules, understanding that they set basic standards of good personal conduct.
The Person: To apply, you MUST be a qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or similar) - exceptional finalists also considered. It is essential you are an advanced Excel user - comfortable with manipulating and analysing financial information and performance data; experience using real estate systems (MRI QUBE HORIZON YARDI etc) would be an advantage. It is important you understand and have exposure to real estate investment or real estate in general. Also understanding of the life cycle of a fund would be beneficial. If you are good at working to tight deadlines, able to handle multiple priorities, highly numerate and literate with good analytical skills, an effective communicator and problem solver, this role is an exceptional opportunity to develop your career within a well-known and growing real estate investment company that has the capability to offer greater responsibility within the team in the future.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.