Are you a qualified accountant with strong transactional and management accounts experience ready to step up into a management role in a fast growing and ambitious startup?
Do you want to grow and progress with the business, build a team under you and learn from the best?
We are on the hunt for a Finance Controller to take control of the accounting and financial reporting of a fast growing Hospitality startup and act as a business partner to the operations team. The Financial Controller will report to, and be mentored by, the Head of Finance.
Once on board, the Financial Controller will help recruit an Accounts Assistant to assist in the transactional elements of the role and this will be their first direct report with more to follow next year. The Financial Controller will be responsible for undertaking and managing the day-to-day accounting function, driving added value through generating insight from performance analysis, business partnering the operations team, and supporting the Head of Finance on ad hoc projects.
- Undertake, manage, and review transactional postings (postings will be reduced as our various system automation go live and the Accounts Assistant is recruited)
- Lead the month-end close process to enable timely and accurate reporting to senior management
- Prepare weekly P&Ls and trading updates for each site and provide an update to senior management and stakeholders
- Prepare monthly management accounts and undertake KPI/margin analysis to drive efficiencies and identify opportunities to increase revenue
- Lead in the annual budgeting process, regular forecasting, and cashflow management process with support from the Head of Finance
- Manage the statutory audit from start to finish and own the relationship with the auditors, to include preparation of the financial statements with support from the Head of Finance
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns for review
- Act as a Business Partner to the operations teams and become the main point of contact for all operational finance queries. This will involve working with teams on site to help identify where value can be added/costs reduced.
- Assist the Head of Finance in ad hoc projects e.g. new site feasibility modelling, setting financial strategy, contract negotiation, etc
Experience in budgeting/forecasting/cashflow management
Strong understanding of accounting under UK GAAP
Desire to learn, develop, and progress towards Financial Controller
Ability to effectively prioritise to ensure all deadlines are met
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team