Finance Assistant, Birmingham, Up to £30,000
Hays are delighted to be working with a large services organisation based in Birmingham to recruit for a Finance Assistant. This role will sit within a dedicated team that services one of my client's largest customers and one of their most significant contracts, and the successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring that SLA's are met. This role has come about as a member of the team has handed in their notice and my client is now looking to replace this incredibly key role in their team. This role will report into the Finance Manager and be part of a finance team of 5 dedicated to the delivery of the financial elements of the contract.
My client needs someone immediately so they are exploring a temporary to permanent option for this role, however, for the right candidate they will consider taking someone on permanently straight away, if they are immediately available.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Support and ownership of supplier reconciliations, invoice processing, and cash allocation.
- Assist with the preparation of intercompany billing including detailed review of invoices prior to submission to the customer.
- Identify process improvements within allocated workload with a view to improving efficiency.
- Query investigation and resolution with Reporting Units and Suppliers
- Ad hoc projects as required by the Finance Manager.
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- Intermediate Excel - experienced in use of excel formulae, including "vlookup", "sumif" and "if" functions and pivot tables.
- The ability to own a task and complete it accurately and diligently to an agreed deadline.
- The ability to use initiative to identify and tackle problems to ensure a simple solution is found
- Experience working within a finance department.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.