LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 1,500 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
The Product Support Scientist is responsible for assisting with troubleshooting, testing, and verification activities for our IVD instrumentation platform hardware as part of the product support team. This will involve communication and cooperation with both hardware and assay teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility of Electronics/Assay Support Scientist
* Communicate with senior scientist/team lead to complete workload in a timely manner.
* Perform day to day testing through liaison with senior scientist/team lead
* Help less experienced members of the team to perform experiments effectively where required
* Analyse experimental data and work with senior members of the team to determine next steps.
* Highlight errors and issues in a timely manner to facilitate resolution.
* Lab and lab equipment maintenance, calibration, and compliance with/development of health and safety procedures
* Use statistics and programmes such as Excel and Minitab in data analysis and decision making
* Create and maintain quality records for the purpose of assessing and improving methodologies and documenting experiments.
* Perform verification and validation activities to demonstrate the hardware/ software system design has met specification.
* Use of collaborative work tools such as Jira and Jama.
* Engage in daily standup meetings and actively communicate with team members.
* Assist with two-way feedback link, both between instrumentation teams and assay scientists, and between junior and more senior members of the team.
* Learn use of specialised automated tools e.g. for data entry of analysis
* Attend and contribute to bug/ defect tracking meetings
* Understand and follow regulatory standards including EN60601, EN61010, ISO13485 and ISO14971.
* Understand and follow regulatory standards including ISO13485, GLP, and GDP.
To be successful in this role you must be a highly motivated individual that can demonstrate flexibility and a can-do attitude. You should ensure positive, productive and proactive relationships with a range of internal and external key stakeholders
Essential skills of an Electronics/Assay Support Scientist
* Bachelor's degree in biology/ biomedical science/ biotech or similar discipline.
* Knowledge of fluorescent assays, immunoassay technology, and diagnostics.
* Ability to follow a protocol precisely and offer recommendations for improvements.
* Awareness of automated data analysis methods e.g. Python, R, Jupyter, Excel macros.
* Experience troubleshooting in a lab environment.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate and present clearly.
* Computer literacy and experience with standard lab/office tools/.
* Experience using statistical analysis techniques.
* Ability to write clear and concise protocols for complex assay methodologies