My client specialise in the design, installation, service and maintenance of integrated security systems and manufacture specialist equipment. They work with a wide range of public and private sector businesses across the UK and due to growth they are now looking for a Design Estimator to join their team in the midlands
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your career within the security and communications industry. You would be required to prepare bills of materials and quotations from client specifications and drawings for various fire and security systems. You will need to have excellent communication skills, an ability to interpret client's requirements and understand building layouts and schematics.
The role involves: -
* Preparation of designs and quotations for, but not limited to: Fire and Security systems.
* Collaborating with our Business Development Teams in Birmingham and Nottingham.
* Carrying out site surveys.
* Ensuring designs fully comply with all applicable regulations and standards.
* Working to defined quotas, deadlines, and budgets.
* Communicate and build successful working relationships with customers and other employees.
* You will ideally be an accomplished estimator within the security industry with at least 2 years' experience of estimating security and fire systems or an experienced engineer looking to develop their career (minimum of 5 years' experience).
* You will have a working knowledge of BS5839-1 & 6, RRO, and BS(phone number removed).
* Good IT skills and a familiarity with Microsoft software.
* Have a keen interest in technology and providing innovative and cost-effective solutions