Purpose of Job
Providing leadership, management, and development of the contract, ensuring financial, and operational commitments are met and exceeded. The role will require close liaison with the client, the Helpdesk Manager and internal senior managers. The operation should be Proactive and driven to achieve total customer satisfaction, whilst ensuring operational and fiscal plans are at least achieved.
• Responsible for the H&S of the sites and engineers.
• Work closely with the Contract Support to ensure that the service levels are maintained to a consistently high level.
• Provide leadership, and ensuring the planned development of the contract, to ensure that contractual commitments are met and exceeded.
• Support the Helpdesk in achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
• Ensure client satisfaction levels are at a constantly high level, leading to development of the contract to increase the portfolio/contract responsibilities.
• Meet with clients to establish steady lines of communication and attend monthly client meetings where required.
• Ensure the contract meets healthy and safety working conditions.
• Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated, and implemented within the contract.
• Provide Weekly Flash reports for each contract to the appropriate client and internal manager/s, where appropriate
• Working with Senior Management to ensure the collaborative development of the business, effective team working, and support to colleagues.
• Responsible for Statutory & Code compliance of sites.
• Oversee PPM planning schedules for sites.
• Ensure PPM is carried out in accordance with manufacturer's guidelines and HVCA SFG20.
• Responsible for the return of PPM and work related documentation. • Risk Management.
• Man Management/Team Development.
• Ensure the contract is staffed by fully competent teams, taking direct responsibility for the appointment of Engineers, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place.
• Financial Management -Full ownership of P&L, Debt and WIP
• Disciplinary and Conflict management.
• Ensure all sites have accurate asset registers and are labelled accordingly.
• Responsible for the fast and effective procurement of materials and services.
• Produce dilapidation reports.
• Provide Operational reports monthly and as requested.
• Ensure additional services and projects are added, and contracts are re-won on re-tender
• Proactively source additional works and raise quotations.
• Provide technical support where required to engineers, helpdesk and clients.
• Investigate and report on major Operational incidents.
• Ensure engineers are fully equipped to carry out daily tasks, Carry out tool inspections.
• Check testing equipment calibration
• Ensure appropriate contract review, audit and control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
• Ensure uniforms are being worn and are in good condition.
• Carry out monthly site reviews.
• Carry out at least 2 site Audits per Contract per Annum.
• Conduct engineer's appraisals.
• Ensure an effective escalation procedure is in place.
• Ensure all callouts are attended to, in conjunction with the helpdesk.
• Ensure toolbox talks are conducted monthly
• Promote H&S culture across the whole team
• Prepare quotations by supplying administrators with labour summary and supplier quotations for materials in order for quotations to be raised effectively.
• Attend operational meetings as required
• Ensure regular communication with engineering team.
• Carry out monthly audits on both PPM & Reactive works and provide manager with report.
• Audit Logbook - Ensure it is being used correctly by both Employees and sub contractors
• Ensure customer service levels are maintained.
• Promoting and maintaining the core Values of Optimum Group Services
• Ensure all 3rd party contracts have been carried out.
• Share initiatives to enhance our service provision and recommendations for system infrastructure development.
1. Reporting to the Area Manager.
2. Working collaboratively as part of the Optimum team across all Divisions.
3. This post carries direct budgetary responsibility.
4. Direct line manager for the site engineering team.
Education A good general education is essential, ideally to degree standard but possibly to HND level.
Training Incumbents must be able to demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development.
Up to date technical knowledge of ACOP's, fire and environmental control measures, building control requirements, and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
Experience [Essential] Managerial experience at Contract Manager or Senior Supervisor level within the hard services business is essential.
Practical experience must include recruitment and line management/supervisory experience.
[Desirable] Delivery of wider facilities management services.
The development and review of teams, appraisal, and the application of effective people management practice.
Aptitudes Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Numerate and computer literate.
Character Excellent motivational and influencing skills, with high levels of personal integrity.
Has vision, and able to communicate this effectively. A role model for customer service excellence.
Able to contribute effectively across all business activities.
Incumbents must have a high level of energy, be self- starters, confident and stable in manner.
Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within high pressure, business environments.
Circumstances Incumbents will be required to travel on occasions to support operational delivery, and participate in training and business review. Some overnight stays may be needed