Client Relationship Manager (London Circa 35k)
Our client is the UK's leading Direct Sales group who has been in operation for over 30 years.
They are looking to expand their client relationship team which brings them to seeking confident, well spoken "account managers" with the drive to go that extra mile.
You will manage a portfolio of charitable and not-for-profit organisations.
The successful candidate will provide robust strategic planning and effective leadership for impeccable campaign set-up, roll-out and development, with responsibility for day-to-day management of each campaign within your own client portfolio.
You will be the daily point of contact for clients and suppliers, working directly with operational staff and key stakeholders dealing with all campaign requirements.
The Client Relationship Manager will need to excel at providing solutions and identifying campaign development and innovation to maximise the effectiveness and profitability of the campaigns.
Key Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Develop and manage strong key stakeholder relationships
- Product development / innovation
- Develop client campaign materials and training for each fundraising campaign in line with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Manage forecasts, ensuring they are deliverable
- Liaise with all internal departments and suppliers to meet or exceed all campaign deliverables
- Develop reporting suite in line with business requirements
- Conduct quarterly review meetings with clients and senior management team
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Experience in similar type of Account Management role within the fundraising sector is desirable but not essential
- Proven experience of contract negotiation and management of a portfolio of multiple accounts
- Excellent organisational skills with experience in developing business cases, financial modelling and project implementation
- Excellent communication skills including proven experience of presenting/training
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and work both independently and in a team
Normal hours of work are 9:00 to 5:30pm although flexibility is required for additional hours and weekend work and meetings as required. Travel to visit clients will also be involved in the role. The role will move to more work from home once relationships established and success seen.
If you're looking to be a part of a fantastic team in a fun but professional environment then please apply now. Our client will be in contact should they wish to discuss your application.