Our Automotive Tier 1 client, who is currently engaged in an exciting and innovative automotive project, has an excellent opportunity for a talented and experienced CAE crash analyst to join their team based at their Midlands engineering centre in Coventry with remote working available.
CAE Crash Analyst - £42k to £46K p.a. paid pro rata on an initial 6 Month fixed term contract (potential to extend) - Midlands/Coventry based with remote working.
Your primary responsibility will be to use Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to perform crashworthiness analyses to help guide the design of new vehicle architectures to achieve Structural Safety Targets and provide countermeasures where required. The role will include the building of full vehicle FE models and subsystems, loadcase derivation, analysis set-up and execution, post-processing of results to generate design recommendations.
You will be expected to liaise with the design, development, project management, commercial, prototype and production manufacturing teams, technical partners and suppliers to ensure the designs meet the requirements for timing, performance, manufacturability and cost.
Skills and experience:
- Perform Finite Element Analysis for Vehicle Crashworthiness using LS-Dyna and Oasys Suite Tools Sets
- Proficiency in conducting - Full Frontal Barrier (FFB), Offset Deformable Barrier (ODB), Side and Rear MDB, Roof Crush to meet Safety Requirements (e.g IIHS Small Offset, Euro NCAP, MPDB)
- Expert level CAE model build and analysis utilizing tool sets (Hyperworks, BETA CAE ANSA)
- Knowledge of European and Federal crash and safety legislation and consumer test requirements (essential)
- Develop geometric solutions in conjunction with CoC specialist engineers that conform to the requirements.
- Experience of full product life-cycle activities and ability to achieve cost, weight and technical targets within specified timescales
- Iterate and verify for robustness the component solutions in conjunction with the CAD team.
- Support design reviews with key stakeholders: COC component design teams, PAT teams, packaging teams, OEM Programme teams.
- Support virtual series report out with relevant data as required.
- The Project also involves flagging up any potential design constraints (packaging, manufacturing, etc.) and ensuring due consideration is given in developing solutions.
- Experience in the design or development of safety-related structural Components Such as Front End Structure, Upper Body (A/B/C) Pillars, Rear End and Body Side, Sill etc..
- Results-driven, demonstrates tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
Please note this role is being offered on an initial 6 month fixed term contract (paid pro rata) with the potential for extension.
Please note to apply for this position, you MUST have a UK passport / valid UK settlement status or a Visa that does not require sponsorship of any kind.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment Agency.
Premea is a specialist IT & Engineering recruitment consultancy representing clients in the UK and internationally within the Automotive, Motorsport and Aerospace sectors