Opportunity for a proven Outsourcing Manager to join a top 10 firm. This is a fantastic chance to take your place in accountancy and business advisory firm within the Outsourcing Team.
Financial Reporting is a specialist team, independent from audit. Concentrating on financial reporting including preparation of compilation reports, complex financial statements and consolidations as well as providing support to clients with auditor liaison, ad hoc technical queries, for example, accounting for mergers, demergers, and technical training.
Reference no: HT13719
Business Manager - Outsourcing - About the Role
You will be responsible for providing leadership to the team, managing a portfolio of clients and supporting Directors and Partners. Planning, monitoring, reviewing work of junior members and taking responsibility for business development and marketing initiatives. Responsibilities:
- Manage and prepare more complex client assignments, identifying issues and suggesting solutions
- Review regular management accounts for our client base and reporting to clients
- Review VAT returns for clients prepared by junior members of the team
- Review financial statements and compare treatments under alternate GAAPS
- Ensure each client's company accounts are filed with the statutory timelines
- Take responsibility for technical matters and resolve any problems which may arise
- Manage the overall team on a day-to-day basis
- Review work prepared by junior staff and conveys salient points from the work papers and annual compliance reports for discussion with the client.
- Has in-depth knowledge of how finance and accounting functions, supporting technology and tax considerations can differ by industry and business structure; knows what is required from a compliance perspective and what is considered a standard or best practice.
- Understands how to interpret trends in financial and non-financial KPIs
- Hold advice-based conversations with clients to help them navigate business decisions.
- Offer ideas from previous experience or other organisations to improve management reports.
The successful Business manager will have:
- Qualified ACCA, ACA, CA or equivalent.
- Experience in a senior role, including delivering statutory accounts preparation and audit services to large businesses ideally from a top 20 practice environment.
- Excellent team management skills
- Excellent working knowledge of FRS 102 and related financial reporting requirements as well as previous experience preparing statutory accounts, consolidations, and cash flows.
- Preparation of consolidations from source documentation, including large complex groups with overseas operations
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively, adopting a logical and methodical approach in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with large complex group structures and consolidation of these
- Experience of working in an advisory capacity with clients
Business Manager - Outsourcing - Benefits
Excellent flexible employee benefits scheme, hybrid working patterns
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications, we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days, please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)