The Huntercombe Group are currently looking for a Bank Cook to join our Specialist Brain Injury Neurological Care Centre, located in Hothfield just 3 miles from Ashford, Kent.
Working within the kitchen and dining area as a Cook you will help to provide nutritious and enticing meals for the residents in our care. You will be responsible for ensuring mealtimes are an enjoyable part of the day, engaging residents in the dining experience. You will be an important part of the team that ensures patients in our care feel valued as an individual.
This is a Bank role and you could be asked to work any shifts over 7 days. We pay £9.32 per hour.
* Preparing, cooking and serving food of the highest standards and which is appropriate to and meets the needs of the residents, staff and visitors
* Regularly reviewing the menus in line with residents, staff and visitors requirements, including the provision of special diets (with respect to allergies, other health related issues and cultural reasons)
* Communicating effectively with residents, staff and visitors to ensure the provision of relevant, appealing, balanced and healthy diets
* To develop a positive relationship with all residents, staff and other visitors to the home by becoming an integral part of the team
* Ensuring the effective ordering, control and review of raw materials, labour, equipment and supplies and keeping costs in line with agreed budgets and value for money
To join The Huntercombe Group as a Cook you will have:
* A good knowledge of food hygiene and food preparation
* NVQ level 2 in catering (minimum)
* A positive attitude and a desire to deliver the best possible service to patients in our care.
* A flexible and adaptable attitude
Please take a look at our progressive and rewarding benefits package
* A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
* Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
* On completion of 3 months membership of the Flexi Bank arrangements you may automatically be enrolled into NEST Occupational Pension Scheme dependent upon your earnings.
* A range of staff discounts
* Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
* A range of staff discounts
* Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or social background. This is a great opportunity for someone to make a difference.
For a more detailed job spec please take a look at our Website where you can also read some inspiring stories and find out why working at Huntercombe really sets us apart from the rest
Huntercombe Group is one of the leading specialist healthcare providers, with hospital and centres throughout England and Scotland, delivering wide ranging services in adult mental health and learning disabilities, specialist brain injury, child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) including eating disorders and social care for children with special needs.
Our aspiration is to nurture the world, one person at a time and that's why everything we do is designed to provide the best care and recovery for our patients and residents.
We're proud to have recruited some of the most experienced doctors, nurses and therapists in their fields and alongside our supportive stable Management structure we hope that it's you that can help make a difference to our excellent teams and workforce