CBRE Integrated Laboratory Solutions, part of Global Workplace Solutions, is a leading global provider of Scientific Support Services. We are recruiting an Automation Engineer to join the team located at one of our client sites (Macclesfield); to manage, organise and implement day-to-day Laboratory Instrument Support (LIS) activities through liaison and discussion with customers', CBRE Planners, Engineers and Scientific Equipment Coordinators.
The role provides high quality specialist engineering support to a wide range of laboratory equipment within the scientific community such as Balances, Centrifuges, Incubators etc.
This role will be part of the account-based team and have support, training, access to the UK CBRE Integrated Laboratory Solutions group network.
* Ensure prompt, flexible, customer focused specialist engineering support whilst maintaining compliance with statutory, regulatory, and engineering standards
* Diagnose faults on complex equipment and systems utilizing the multi-disciplinary support internal and external to the team to produce a satisfactory solution
* Plan & carry out engineering maintenance and commissioning work associated with scientific equipment and systems in a safe, cost effective manner to ensure minimum business disruption
* Use technical knowledge to identify and source components and services
* Create, manage and review supporting documentation e.g., service reports
* Support users in the preparation/design of operating procedures, SOPs, Change Control and the deviation, manuals, and drawings
* Manage the availability of essential spares to support the range of equipment and systems used within the laboratory facilities in a cost-effective manner
* Support contract management in the set-up, renewal, and budget of contracts
* Monitor the performance of the scientific equipment and systems using Key Performance Indicators to instigate improvements and influence changes
* Support to CBRE Management Team to ensure all activities are completed
* Act as an ambassador to CBRE, ensuring a first-class service is always delivered
* Performs other duties as required
* Advanced Modern Apprenticeship with NVQ 3 in engineering
* HNC/HND in relevant engineering discipline
* Experience of working in a fast paced, operational environment
* 2+ years post apprentice experience within the Laboratory Instrument Support sector
* Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
* PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
* Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills/influencing skills
* Ability to work to own initiative but team orientated and able to work with minimal supervision
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Robust and assertive attitude towards achieving results and motivating team members
* High customer focus
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE's core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world's largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry's top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune's "Most Admired Companies" for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "CBRE."
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.