Associate Structural Engineer - Derby
We're working with an established multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy who are currently looking to recruit an Associate Structural Engineer to join their Derbyshire office. You will be part of the Structural Engineering team involved on a wide variety of projects across multiple sectors.
The main objective of the role is to provide technical delivery of a wide range of projects, focusing on existing buildings, their survey, alteration and repair. Ideally, the candidate will have experience of listed or historic buildings and be able to take a leading role in a growing team specializing in this area.
You must be practical, diligent, technically able, analytically rigorous, able to lead meetings, discuss problems with clients and check and supervise the production of information by junior staff when required.
This role would suit an experienced Chartered Engineer, with an interest in historic buildings, or a more junior engineer with exceptional drive and interest in developing their skills.
- Chartered MIStructE with circa 10-20 years' experience
- Excellent design skills in all traditional structural materials
- Experience undertaking structural surveys of existing buildings
- Experience of working with historic and listed buildings is strongly desirable including assessing defects, proposing repairs and design structural alterations
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage, develop and mentor a team of engineers
- Circa £40,000 - £52,000 salary DOE
- Genuine progression prospects to Director level position
- Professional subscriptions paid for
- Friendly team with opportunities to network socially and professionally
- Flexible working options
- Flexible benefits package