Global Accounting network have partnered with a successful media business company in search of a new Assistant Management Accountant to join their fun, vibrant team. This role will work closely with the Finance Manager and Financial Controller as well as partnering with other teams in the core business operations. The individual will be responsible for all financial processes, controls, management accounts, reporting and analysis for specific entities. In addition, there will be opportunities to assist with group consolidation, reporting and ad hoc project work.
- Prepare commentary against budgets/forecasts
- Complete monthly P&L and balance sheet management accounts
- Take ownership on delivering timely and accurate balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of the annual financial statements of the various legal entities
- Support year end audit by preparing audit information and dealing directly with external auditors
- Deal with a variety of internal challenges as they arise such as detailed reconciliations and variance analysis
- Work closely with the AP/AR team to ensure integrity of the general ledger
- Complete ad hoc project work as required
Experience and skills:
The successful candidate for this Assistant Management Accountant role will be actively studying ACCA or CIMA, will have some transactional accounting experience as a minimum, and be keen to take a step up in their career in line with their studies. Support and training will be given to ensure the person taking on this role gets the right experience to progress them to qualification.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- An excellent communicator
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- A self-starter who can work autonomously
- Well organised, strong attention to detail, tenacious, hits deadlines
- Ability to think outside the box
- Excellent relationship building skills with stakeholders at all levels
- A team player
In return, this company offer a hybrid and flexible working model, will provide study support and give an opportunity to work in a fun team with talented people. This opportunity will suit a driven individual who is keen to take their career forward and progress beyond managing accounts payable or receivable. A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer alongside a clear progression route to qualification.
For more information please contact Sarah Dennis at Global Accounting Network or apply below.