Assistant Accountant, West Bromwich, Up to £24,000
Hays are delighted to be working with a manufacturing based in West Bromwich to recruit for an Assistant Accountant on a permanent basis. This role will sit within a small finance team responsible for reporting on the organisation's financials, sitting below the newly promoted Financial Controller. The successful candidate will be supporting the Financial Controller in putting together sets of month end accounts, as well as covering some transactional duties as well. This would suit a candidate who is actively studying and looking for a role with lots of development and training available.
This role is paying up to £24,000 and will be office based 5 days per week. The working pattern for this role is 37.5 hours per week with flexibility around the hours worked in line with candidates preference.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Processing of Sales Ledger
- Processing of Purchase Ledger
- Daily update of Cashflows
- Processing of Prepayment and Accrual Journals
- Monthly reconciliation of Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss accounts for two companies
- Processing of month end journals following reconciliation work
- Assisting the Financial Controller in putting together month end accounts
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience working within a finance department (ideally within an SME)
- Working towards am accounting qualification- ideally CIMA but any of the recognised accounting qualifications are also applicable. Alternatively AAT Qualified and looking to study going forward. For the appropriate candidate support in working towards a formal accountancy qualification would be provided.
- Experience with Navision would be ideal but is not a requirement.
- Can do attitude, with a desire to learn and develop
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.