Application Support Analyst
Solihull West Midlands
£25,000 - £34,000
Our client, a leading global freight forwarder based near Solihull is now seeking an experienced Application Support Analyst to join their existing team.
As an Application Support Analyst you will:
• Provide Support - logging incidents into the service desk system
• Provide additional Support in areas of more knowledge / expertise
• Escalate any incidents and requests as required
• Deploy and maintain software and hardware as directed, including patches
• Manage Printing Solution
• Update documentation
• Assist with backup management, data retrieval
• Manage the phone system application
• To support the internal laptops, desktops, and network equipment
• Provide administrative support to the back office and bespoke systems.
• To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries, and adhere to all Service Level Agreements.
• To work on implementation projects for new software and hardware technologies.
• Provide out of hours cover (phone provided) on a rota basis, and perform remote maintenance out of hours.
• Assist in end user training when required
The Application Support Analyst should be familiar with the following skill sets:
• Windows 10 Windows Server 2008/2012, 2016 and 2019.
• Previous desktop support/ application support experience
• Microsoft Azure Cloud infrastructure
• Microsoft Active Directory and MS 365 Exchange Online administration
• Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking and experience with DHCP, DNS and VPN's.
• Some understanding of a language such as - SQL, Powershell, Command Prompt, Python
• Awareness of Cyber Security principles and disciplines.
• Create and maintain documentation within our Wiki
• Proven experience managing day to day work load, knowing how to prioritise and the ability to work self-sufficiently.
• Supporting and managing printers and scanners.
• Have experience of working to Service Level Agreements.
• Have a professional, flexible and personable approach to user / customer relations.
• Be comfortable communicating at all levels including board level